The UD1000 is a IEEE 802.15.4 compliant wireless sensor node based on the original open-source "TelosB" platform design developed and published by the University of California, Berkeley. The compact USB dongle form format makes it specially adequate to act as sink node for your wireless sensor network deployments. The mote has the following general characteristics:
- IEEE 802.15.4 WSN platform
- TI MSP430F1611 Microcontroller
- TI CC2420 Radio Transceiver
- TinyOS 2.x & ContikiOS Compatible
- Electric & Electromagnetic certification
|Processor Model||TI MSP430F1611||Texas Instruments MSP430 family|
| Program flash|
|Interfaces||USB||External System Interface (FTI® FT232BM)|
|RF Chip||TI CC2420||IEEE 802.15.4 2.4GHz Wireless Module|
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz ~ 2.485GHz||IEEE 802.15.4 compliant|
|Sensitivity||-95dBm typ||Receive Sensitivity|
|Transfer Rate||250Kbps||IEEE 802.15.4 compliant|
|RF Power||-25dBm ~ 0dBm||Software Configurable|
|Range||~40m(outdoor), 15~20m(indoor)||Dongle orientation dependant|
|Current Draw||RX: 18.8mA TX: 17.4mA Sleep mode: 1uA||Lower RF Power Modes reduce consumption|
|RF Power Supply||2.1V ~ 3.6V||CC2420 Input Power|
|Dimensions||65mm x 22.5mm x 14mm||Including housing|
|Power||5V||DC over USB|
How to program it under TinyOS
The UD1000 is a node based on TelosB platform. Therefore, any TinyOS program can be uploaded to it following the general considerations provided at TinyOS® Installation Guide and example applications
How to program it under ContikiOS
First of all, in order to program this mote, you must be sure the USB interface (FTI® FT232BM) has a valid Device Descriptor. You can use the following instructions for programming this configuration prior to your first Contiki program upload:
1. Insert your UD1000 dongle into a USB port in your PC.
2. Download and unzip FT_Prog_v2.4.2.zip.
3. Execute FT_PROG.exe.
4. Click Menu Devices > Scan and Parse.
5. USB devices connected to your PC will then be listed.
6. Right click on Device> Apply Template > From file.
7. Select file UD1000.xml from Templates folder.
8. Click on Device > Program and finalize the operation.
Moreover, ContikiOS uses "node id" feature for identifying each node within a given network. The default TmoteSky platform defined by ContikiOS assumes this "node id" is stored in the external flash. However, the UD1000 does not include any external flash. Therefore, you are requested to adapt your code to this situation.